User-Defined Fields (UDFs) can be used effectively in EnergyCAP to expand the software's ability to do energy benchmarking based on various place attributes, such as occupancy hours or production units. They support select lists with predefined options, and they are available as report filters. User-Defined fields are available for use in creating auto-maintaining Groups.
This topic will...
- describe the process for adding a User-Defined field.
- The ability to add a Rate Code requires permissions associated with the following User Roles:
- Administrator - Full Access
- Navigate to the Administration section in one of two ways:
- Select Administration from the Main Menu, OR
- Click Admin under the More page header options.
- Select the User-Defined Fields tree node.
- Select the tab that corresponds to the area where the UDF will be added. Click the Add Field button above the grid.
- On the General tab:
- Enter a unique Name.
- Select a Type. If type is Select List (Select):
- Enter the list options in the Options column of the grid.
- Click the Add Option button to add more grid rows.
- Move or Delete each option as needed.
- Click Save. The Add User-Defined Field window will close and the UDF is added.
Rules & Restrictions