Bill Templates are commodity-specific forms that define a layout and sequence for entering utility bill information. Once they are created, templates can be assigned to accounts/meters, allowing associated billing and/or consumption information to be entered. Bill Templates allow customization to the appearance of the bill entry interface to closely match the billing information provided by the vendor for each account/meter. Templates ensure that bill entry personnel are capturing all desired billing data including use and cost.
This topic will...
- describe the process for adding a template.
- The ability to add template requires permissions associated with the following User Roles:
- Administration Full Access
- Import a bill in the exact layout needed for the template
Navigate to the Administration section in one of two ways:
- Select Administration from the Main Menu, OR
- Click Admin under the More page header options.
- Select the Templates node from the tree.
- Click the Add Template button.
- On the Introduction tab, read the template overview information. When done, click Continue.
- On the Acct/Meter Selection tab, locate the meter bill to be copied and then click Continue.
- The Search for an Account field, locates the account the bill to be copied is attached to.
- The Select a Meter field will displayed all the meters attached to the account selected.
- Once the meter has been selected, the last 24 bills will be listed in the Select a Billing Period field.
- The exact layout to be saved will be displayed in the Sample box below the fields.
- On the Template Name tab, input and edit the data as needed and then click Finish.
- Once the template is saved, it must be assigned to a meter before it will be used during manual bill entry of a bill. Assigning a template can be done in one of two ways.
Rules & Restrictions
- The default start date for the template is 1/1/1980.
- Only one version of a template can be created at this time.
- A template can not be deleted.
- Only active accounts show up in the account search.
- Only active meters that have a rate and template attached will show up in the meter field.
- The name and code for the template will default to the following format if there are enough characters:
This can be changed if desired.